Tuesday, December 20, 2011

With a corncob pipe and a button nose

Maybe you have been wondering "where has owl gone???"
No bad excuses, sorry for the long time away, I will try not to let such lengthy time periods pass in between posts. 

So with Christmas literally around the bend, and another year coming to a close, I am naturally overwhelmed with all the holiday cheer and going-away plans still to be made, plus the piles of homework I've yet to touch. Stress levels are reaching a new high, and the grinch in me pops out every now and then. Thankfully I have not forgotten that this time of year is not all about me, but a family affair, so I am trying very hard to spread the cheer instead of sharing my nerves and anxiety. 

I made this ginger bread house today, as a way to get into the spirit of Christmas, I have never made one of these before and let me tell you, its not as easy as it looks. The chimney broke, but never fear, it didn't go to waste, I promptly took the opportunity to eat it. As for the kit I used, I bought a gingerbread house kit from IKEA, and the result was lovely, and the gingerbread tasted deliciously spiced and gingerful.
 
For even more exciting news, it is mine and Doug's one year of being together this coming Friday. It feels really special because for this past year he has not only been sweet and lovely and caring to me; but the best friend I could ask for during hard times in my life. Whatever happens in life, I am honored to have had such a beautiful friend and lover. 
okay enough boring lovey gush. 
See you soon with that interview I promised!


xo,
littleaowl

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! your ginger bread house is so cool! mine always breaks haha!
    Poppy xx
    http://poppydoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Read the Printed Word!